Metro United Soccer Club – KC Fusion Weather Policy
TO PROTECT OUR CLUB MEMBERS FROM SEVERE WEATHER THREATS, DURING ALL METRO UNITED SOCCER CLUB ACTIVITIES, WE WILL USE THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES
- We will not start or continue any activity* when a Thunderstorm or Tornado Warning has been issued for the area surrounding our fields.
- We will not start or continue any activity* if we see lightning or hear thunder.
- If we have seen lighting or heard thunder, we will not re-start any activity* until 30 minutes after we see the last lighting strike or hear the last thunder.
Parents, Players and Spectators will inform Coaches, Field Marshals, and Referees about any signs of lightning or news about Severe Weather Warnings.
Head field marshals and referees will decide when games should be suspended due to severe weather and communicate the decision appropriately at all fields.
The best place to be when lighting is in the area is in your car. Do not stay under trees, shelters or concession stands when lightning is in the area – this will NOT protect you from lightning strikes!
From Extreme Temperatures
Metro United Soccer Club prohibits our teams from starting or continuing any activity when the actual temperature is 101°F or the temperature and relative humidity
create a heat index temperature above 101°F. The Club also prohibits our teams from starting or continuing any activity when the actual temperature is below 35°F
or the temperature and wind speed create a wind chill temperature below 35°F.
As a formal heat policy, we ask that coaches adhere to the following:
- 95-99 degrees (either actual temperature or heat index): water break every 20 minutes
- 100 degrees (either actual temperature or heat index): Club recommends practice be cancelled, but if coach of team elects to practice, coach shall provide
water breaks every 15 minutes and reduce amount of running during practice. Games that are scheduled will be played with water breaks to be taken
every 15 minutes.
- 101+ degrees (either actual temperature or heat index):No activities will start or continue.
To Protect Our Fields
- We will not start any activity* on our fields when it is raining hard.
- We will not start any activity* when the fields are very wet (even after rain has stopped).
- The Club and the City of Shawnee will decide when the fields are not playable and will communicate this decision via the Club Rainout Line.
*An activity is any event with physical exertion, e.g. game, practice, clinic, tournament, etc.